The leading newspapers of Bengal published a number of articles on Professional Home Inspection focusing how it is bringing transparency and accountability to the real estate industry, quoting our CEO, Mr. Mahendra Sureka.
MACJ – A Buyers Choice along with Realtors & Estate Consultants Association of Kolkata (RECA), organised a Successful event of Diwali Meet and an interactive session on Professional Home Inspections and its benefits to Realtors in the light of RERA, on 26th of October
“I am Tanay Saraf Advocate & Partner, SB Legal Partners, a law firm at Calcutta High Court.
Our 30 year old home recently developed a damping situation wherein after a heavy rainfall, the ceiling would drip water in two rooms. My father who had constructed the building with his own hands was surprised where the source of water.
I told him about how MACJ Home Inspection from my BNI Chapter had modern day gadgetry and could detect the water source. We hired their services and MACJ Inspectors inspected the premises with complete ease and suggested by father to make other adjustments in the terrace to prevent future water seepage.
My father and I are very happy with their service and would recommend their services to any family suffering from damp walls at their residence.
Partner-IP & civil
SB Legal partners
The Mamata Banerjee government has drafted a bill to protect home buyers that so far seems to have refrained from following the many states that have watered down central provisions.
The West Bengal Housing Industry Regulation Bill, circulated but not yet tabled, is almost identical to the Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act promulgated by the Centre. Several states had chosen to frame diluted rules under the central act but Bengal is seeking to enact a law of its own.
The following are some of the key features of the Bengal bill:
- All ongoing projects that are yet to get a completion certificate will come under the purview of an authority that will regulate the segment. Each phase of a large development will be treated as an individual project requiring registration under the authority. Several states had diluted this provision by exempting ongoing projects.
- The authority will seek and upload on its website details of a project and the record of the builder.
- The builder must rectify free of cost any structural defect detected up to five years from the date of handing over possession.
- Seventy per cent of the amount received from buyers in a project has to be kept in a separate bank account to cover the cost of construction. The promoter can withdraw sums from this account in proportion to the percentage of completion. This provision is aimed at averting diversion to other projects — a recurring and debilitating problem.
- Apart from minor changes, no addition or alteration can be made to sanctioned plans of buildings or common areas without written consent from two-thirds of the buyers. If a person owns multiple flats in a project, his or her consent will be quantified as that of one person.
- If a builder fails to deliver on time and the buyer wishes to withdraw from the project, full refund, along with interest and compensation, will be mandatory.
- If a promoter fails to follow the provisions for registering a project with the authority, a penalty of 10 per cent of the project cost can be imposed. Failure to comply with the authority’s orders can attract a three-year jail term.
“MACJ-A Buyer’s Choice Home Inspection has played a vital role in getting our dream home delivered in the most perfect manner. At first, I was hesitant about whether I should pay for such services but after seeing the report I realized that it was a good decision.
Before going for the inspection, all I could find were 5-6 issues in my flat but the MACJ-A Buyer’s Choice team did come up with a lot of other issues that needed to be fixed by the builder before giving possession.
The reports are exhaustive with the list issues and a photo for reference for each one of them.
Such reports also help us in getting the work done from the builder. After receiving the report, I now have a ready checklist which I can handover to the builder. The team is well equipped with .modern gadgets. I would like to thank MACJ- A Buyer’s Choice, Mr. Nitin and his team for being professional and committed.
I would definitely recommend their services to everyone.”
Human Resources Business Partner
Datafortune Software Solutions Private Limited
An Interactive Session on RERA & Home Inspection, Kolkata.
On the dias
– Second from right is Mr. Satish Magar (President, CREDAI National)
– Third from right is Mr. Shantilal Kataria (President, CREDAI Maharashtra)
– Third from left is – Mr. Bill Redfern (MACJ – ABCHI Global CEO)
– Left – Mahendra Sureka (MACJ – ABCHI, CEO-India & Arvind Bhotica, MACJ – ABCHI, Director)
– Others include MACJ-ABCHI, India – Pune / Mumbai partners