Why should a Home Owner / Buyer have a home inspection?
Survey Observation: MACJ – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections, India conducted survey in multiple homes across various residential complexes and observed several common issues across many homes. These included Dampness, Water Seepage / Leakage / Moisture, Damage in the walls, Rust, Termites, inferior materials / brick work / improper RCC structure causing cracks, sub-standard wall plastering, inferior flooring causing cracks / black spots, tiles with mismatches and found to be broken and cracked at several places, electrification of inferior quality causing short circuiting / damaging the wiring, conduits and other electric appliances making life of the occupants risky, no proper drainage for the outflow of water causing seepage/leakage in the ceiling, poor internal installations of units e.g, water, light, gas, power, sewerage, doors, windows, etc.
Most of these problems apparently occurred due to lack of good workmanship, construction monitoring by supervisors & contractors.
If these issues are taken care of at the time of unit completion / delivery by conducting a thorough home inspection / audit, it will help take corrective action today at a nominal cost / time and probably avoid unnecessary potential future damage and high costs. It will also help you talk to your seller to have the issues taken care of at that stage. It will in general help you to know your home better.
It is not possible for developers or their senior management to continuously monitor each and very apartment and / or each & every aspect of construction. Home inspection will also serve as a guide to the developer / seller to understand the issues and take corrective correction before selling. This will add to his credibility and saleability of the unit.
Hence, home inspection will benefit all stakeholders (including developer / seller / buyer).
Benefits of Home Inspection by MACJ – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections, India
Provides an extra level of security and helps plan for the future in one’s home.
- Peace of Mind: The home which is one of the largest investments that is made in anyone’s lifetime is for most part a solid and safe home.
- Warning signals: Provide an in-depth analysis that can spotlight not just current needed repairs but also issues that may become a problem in the future.
- Forecast & Plan Potential Future Expenses
- Uncover Safety Issues
- Find Structural Issues
- Reveal Possible Pest, Termite & Insect Problems
- Price Negotiations
- Negotiate Seller Repairs
- Home Inspection is Relatively Inexpensive
One of the oldest proverbs of homes is “Home, Sweet Home.” To keep it that way, get it inspected before the taste changes.
Professional Home Inspection Services is new industry in India. Professional Home Inspection services is a multi-Billion industry in America. 90% of the home bought / sold in the US are inspected. It has the potential to be even a bigger industry in India. Most people are unaware of its great significance. Here are some facts about home inspection:
It is a non-invasive visual process. Each & every area of a home / property is checked. Its like a physician / diagnostic centre doing a complete body check-up. The inspection process encompasses use of latest technology, tools & equipment and report writing software and is done by trained home inspectors.
The entire process of MACJ – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections, India’s professional home inspection services can be mapped through 4 key words while doing the home check-up. They are
- Areas of Inspection,
- Systems and components or elements inspected,
- Inspection coverage – Condition details
- 3D of issues.
Areas of Inspection:
- Interior Living Space (Bedrooms | Living | Dining | Hall Areas | Alleys, etc)
- Bathrooms, Kitchens, Lofts, Balconies, Servants’ Quarters, Lobby Area, Garages, etc.
- Site / Attached Structure, Exterior (Stairs | Steps | Ramps | Walkways | Railings | Hand rails | Driveways, etc)
Systems & Components / Elements Inspected
- Ceilings / Walls / Floors / Doors / Windows
- Electrical system / Plumbing system and fixtures
- Cabinets and countertops / Applicable installed appliances, etc.
- Ventilation & Exhaust systems / Water Supply / Heating and air conditioning system
Inspection Coverage – Condition Details
- Material Types
- Installation & Finishing, Operations & Functionality, General Safety
- Every condition is given a Rating – acceptable, satisfactory, marginal, defective or not applicable.
The 3 D Inspection of Issues
- Detect the Issues,
- Describe the outcome,
- Direct rectification / solutions
- Each issues is backed by coloured pictures, so that no one can refute them later on.
Now that you are aware of the things done in home inspection services to keep your home safe & secure just get a third party professional home inspection done today!
We all want our home to be beautiful as well as functional and well-constructed. To make sure that our homes are functional and well-constructed, professional home inspection becomes an essential part of your home-buying process. Most of us have a dream of having our own home. Home is one of the biggest investment one make in one’s life time. A large part of our savings goes into buying our dream homes.
Home is where your story begins. Give a good start to your story. Get it inspected. Performing an inspection on the property that you are planning to buy helps you identify any hidden defects in the building and save you time and money. Professional Home Inspections Services is the need of the hour. Professional Home Inspection services is a multi-Billion industry in America. 90% of the home bought / sold in the US are inspected. It has the potential to be even a bigger industry in India.
Home inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination of all accessible areas (system and components) of a property using normal operating controls, using latest technology, specialized tools and equipment.
Professional home inspections equips you as a home buyer to effectively evaluate conditions of a property purchase.
While you as a home buyer could look in to the visible discrepancies, a professional and trained home inspector will be able to look smaller details too. MACJ – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections is first professional home inspection services company in India with a collaboration with a leading American MNC present in 19 countries. MACJ offers professional home inspection services for inspecting all residential as well as commercial properties with latest technology, specialised tools and equipment and provides value added service like moisture intrusion assessment (thru thermal imaging technology), etc. Not hiring professional inspectors will deprive the homeowner of expert consultations. They not only help in resolving prominent defects in the house, rather help in identifying areas of the home which need preventative maintenance.
Issues pointed out by the home inspector should be considered because something as small as a leaking pipe could turn into a bigger problem later. For instance, some cracks may not be prominent and needs special efforts to identify them. Once identified, make sure to rectify the issue. Ignoring issues like leaky plumbing could promote growth of moulds, cracking foundation and rotted wood. After a detailed inspection of the property, you get an idea about your future planning. You get a clear picture about health of your property.
An Interactive Session on RERA & Home Inspection, Kolkata.
On the dias
– Second from right is Mr. Satish Magar (President, CREDAI National)
– Third from right is Mr. Shantilal Kataria (President, CREDAI Maharashtra)
– Third from left is – Mr. Bill Redfern (MACJ – ABCHI Global CEO)
– Left – Mahendra Sureka (MACJ – ABCHI, CEO-India & Arvind Bhotica, MACJ – ABCHI, Director)
– Others include MACJ-ABCHI, India – Pune / Mumbai partners
Pune Operations Launch at JW Marriott Hotel Pune.
MACJ – ABCHI at “Interiors 2017” organized by ABID, Netaji Indoor Stadium, Kolkata