The Invisible Silent Killer : Unsuspecting Criminal
Moisture has long been important to building designers since it is the single most important agent of building deterioration. Moisture control is fundamental to the proper functioning of any building. Controlling moisture is important to protect occupants from adverse health effects and to protect the building, its mechanical systems and its contents from physical or chemical damage. Yet, moisture problems are so common in buildings, many people consider them inevitable.
For Damp / Seepage Assessment
- Poor Ventilation
- Rising Damp
- Penetrating Damp
- Weathering Actions
- Plumbing Failure
- Visual Leak
- Popping/ Peeling of Paint
- Peeling of Wallpaper
- Termite Presence
- Woodwork Deterioration
- Darker Patch in Wall/ Ceiling
- Mold Growth
- Collapsed False Ceiling
Dark Patches in Walls
Collapsed False Ceiling
In the external surface
- Major architectural deterioration like cracks, pooping of plaster, parts of plaster, etc
- Deterioration of structural elements like concrete and steel
- Reduction in the self-life of the building
Inside your homes/ unit
- Bleaching and flaking of paint due to formation of colored patches
- Popping and removal of plaster
- Termite infestation leading to deterioration of wood-works
- Molds growth
- Deterioration of Structural stability
- Efflorescence of walls, tiles, stones
- Deterioration of carpet & furniture
- Higher level humid air content
- Sick Building Syndrome – Health Hazards
When humidity settles on toilet tanks, water pipes, HVAC systems, and other mechanical objects, it can slowly cause rust or fungus and lead to failed parts & mechanisms. Failed parts can prevent proper operation & may mean costly fixes.
Electronics are especially susceptible to damage by condensation. Moisture can corrode contacts inside and lower insulation resistance, which may cause short circuits.
Bacteria and molds require water to grow and multiply. Bacteria are a source for the transmission of diseases, therefore putting occupants' health at risk by water intrusion into the indoor environment Common health hazards includes:
- Upper respiratory (nasal and throat) symptoms
- Asthma symptoms in sensitized persons with asthma
- Skin Diseases
It is highly important to find the cause and resolve the main sources of moisture / damp / seepage / leakage before embarking on a programme of treatment, repair and prevention.
- Moisture intrusion may be identified through basic visual inspection if it has led to obvious defects, such as staining or mold growth. But by the time visible evidence has presented itself, however, significant damage may have already been done.
- Detecting moisture intrusion problems is an application for thermal imaging technology.
- In many cases, moisture or water intrusion may have been developing for a while before obvious signs become apparent.
- By employing thermal imaging technology, we can locate moisture / damp / seepage issues before they become large problems and lead to serious damage, as well as gather details in cases where moisture intrusion has already become obvious.
Scope of Work
- Moisture mapping assessment through inspection and thermal imaging technology.
- Inspection of the related Plumbing Systems / Shafts.
- Identifying the reasons & sources of moisture / damp / seepage / leakage
- Solution recommendations (mostly non - destructive)
Visual image of sink outlet and test pluck
Infrared image of sink outlet and test pluck Showing Leakage
Direct Relevant Experience – All kinds of Existing / New Properties inspected
- Damp / Seepage assessment of Residential units / Offices / Bungalows.
- Damp / Seepage assessment of basements in buildings with multiple units.
- Damp / Seepage assessment of roofs of buildings (residential / commercial).
- Damp / Seepage assessment of a premium office of one the largest business groups in India.
- Damp / Seepage assessment of untraceable leak in a banquet hall - water dripping into lower floors.
- Damp / Seepage assessment of a premium office complex and of a premier shopping mall
Our Objective – Customer Satisfaction
- Long term solution
- Low cost of repair
- Least possible destruction
- Resulting in Long & Healthy Life of your Dream Homes